Wednesday, August 27, 2008

GB3 says Farewell to Brooke!

We had our Young Women/Relief Society BBQ in our backyard last night. It was an evening to honor Brooke Barton, who will be heading off to BYU! Sister McFarland welcomed her into Relief Society, so that meant that Young Women's had to say "Good Bye!" We gave her a framed picture of all the young women and leaders, which she loved! I had my young women write down a word or phrase that describes Brooke and then I wrote a poem for her using all the things the girls said about her. I framed it and read it to her and we both cried! Brooke has been such a big part of my young women leader experience. When I was a beehive leader, she was my Beehive president. She loved the Personal Progress program and received her Young Women medallion in record time! We will miss her piano playing, her fun personality and enthusiasm, but most of all her crazy, fast talking stories!
Good Luck, Brooke! We love you!

The poem that I wrote for Brooke.

The Young Women of GB3!

No comments: