Saturday, November 6, 2010

WOW! Women of Weddington in SF!

I spent the day in San Francisco with my dear friends and old neighbors from Weddington Circle,
Sue Jack, Karen Duffey and Susan Tennyson.
Susan's husband, Greg works in the city,
so they rent an apartment and live in the city during week.
With Susan gone so much, we have missed her so we decided to drive down to the city
and check out her gorgeous apartment which has the most incredible view of the Bay Bridge
and let her give us a tour of her "new" neighborhood.
Back in the day, when we lived on Weddington Circle
or what we sometimes refer to as "The Hood,"
all of us gals would get together about once a month.  
These activities included buncko nights, going to lunch to celebrate birthdays,
cookie exchanges at Christmas and we even made scarecrows at Halloween.
We called these gatherings the W.O.W! Activities because we were the Women of Weddington!
So when Allie called me on Wednesday and asked me what I was doing,
I told her I was with Karen, Susan and Sue,
our old Weddington neighbors and she said, "Oh, your old WOW! friends. I love those ladies!"
I said, "That's right, I'm attending a WOW! Women of Weddington activity in San Francisco!
Lunch at Macaroni Grill or La Bou just isn't good enough for this group anymore,
since you kids have grown and left home, we have stepped it up a little,
do things a little more extravagant, by venturing out of Granite Bay for a day trip to the city."
She laughed.

When I pulled into the driveway, after enjoying a wonderful day sightseeing,
 walking and talking, eating and shopping with some of my dearest friends, 
I couldn't help to think "WOW!" I am truly lucky to have had incredible neighbors
 who have continued to be some of my dearest friends.

3 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

That's fantastic, Madre! Girlfriends are so important!

Kimber said...

You all look gorgeous!! How fun!! What a great trip! Tell them all hi for me!

Kirstin said...

Aren't girlfriend trips the best? I am so grateful for my "sister" friends in my neighborhood too!