Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A visit with Eleanor and her kids!

We were lucky to have our dear friend, Eleanor and her cute kids come visit us for the weekend!
We had such a good time catching up with Eleanor and getting to know her children, Jordan, Max and Sierra.  
We missed Connor, who was on a 40-miler hike with the Boy Scouts and wasn't able to come.
Eleanor is one of the most amazing, strong, courageous and beautiful mother and friend that I know. 
It was exactly one year ago that her husband, Matt, died unexpectedly and left her with 4 young children.
I am in awe as I have watched her bravely accept and embrace her new life without her sweetheart by her side.
 With grace and strength beyond measure, she is an inspiration to all that she comes in contact with 
and I am forever grateful for the way in which she has blessed my life.
I encourage you to read more about my dear friend, Eleanor,
 by clicking on this link http://www.lyonfoundation.com.
I would also encourage you to read a talk that she gave, just 7 weeks after Matt's death.
Click on this link: Eleanor's Talk 
to learn how she was able to overcome and deal with the death of her husband and adversity in her life.
She is truly amazing and I love her for so very many reasons 
but mostly because I see so much good in her and her sweet kids!
Just look at those smiles!  Precious!
It was a gorgeous weekend so we took the kids out to the lake and had a great time tubing and swimming!
Taking a turn on the tube!
Max, holding up the flag.
Jordan, taking a turn all by himself on the tube.
We sure do love this family and hope that they can come visit again and spend more time with us!
Thank you, Eleanor, for being the beautiful person that you are
and for encouraging me to become a better person through the way you are living your life!
Your children are so very blessed to have a mother like you!

No comments: