Monday, February 4, 2013

Cheri Ann's Blessing Day!

It was a beautiful day, with both families coming to New York 
to share this special day with Kimber and Brett and baby Cheri!
In our church, the blessing day for a new baby is a very special day!
baby blessing is usually performed during sacrament meeting.
It's purpose is to give a baby an official name and to provide an opportunity to give a blessing. 
Family members and close friends, who are worthy Melchizedek priesthood holders, 
gather in a circle and hold the child in their arms, while the baby's father, performs the blessing.
Brett gave Cheri such a sweet and special blessing!  She is a very lucky little girl!
Our family with baby Cheri!  So happy that we could all be there to share this special day with them!
The Crandall and Holt families together!
Believe it or not, we didn't color coordinate but sure looks like we did, right?!
All of the men that participated in the blessing.
The Crandall family
Grandpa Olson holding baby Cheri in the beautiful shawl 
that my mother made for me when Kimber was a baby.
All of my children were wrapped in the shawl on their blessing day. 
When I asked my dad to pose for a picture with Cheri, 
he took one look at the shawl, which my mom made
 and said, "Well, I'm probably going to bawl like a baby."
I told him not to worry because Cheri was crying too
and so it would be a picture of two cute bawling babies:)!
I think this is such a tender photo!
Kimber and Cheri with Julie Nickerson, Kimber's dear friend,
who designed and created the beautiful blessing dress! 
I can't thank her enough for taking the lace from my wedding dress
 and all of our ideas and turning it into such a treasured heirloom! 
The dress is absolutely amazing!  Precious!! 
Cheri Ann in her blessing dress sleeping peacefully! 
The dress was designed and hand sewn by Julie, 
using the lace from my wedding dress which my mother made 30 years ago!
What a wonderful tribute to my dear mother and an incredible heirloom!
"OK Mom... I've had enough of this and need to take a nap!"
Cherry blossom shoes!  Seriously adorable and perfect for baby Cheri!!
Every single detail was perfect, from her head...
down to her toes!  It was a picture perfect day!

2 comments:

deb said...

haaaaaa....so sweet!

deb said...

haaaaaa....so sweet!