Friday, March 22, 2013

Back to Utah... again!

 It seems like every one of my blogposts lately have revolved around skiing.
We actually do other things besides skiing but with our usual planned trips,
and then Kimber and Brett coming out this winter for several weeks,
 we have ended up spending a fair bit of time skiing in Park City.
We had only been back home in Granite Bay a few days 
when Mark was asked to lecture for Invisalign in Park City.
Of course, Mark couldn't say "No!" so we turned around and headed back for the weekend.
 Mark lectured Friday at the Invisalign conference.  That night, we celebrated Valentine's day... 
finally, by going to J&G Grill for dinner at the St. Regis hotel in Deer Valley.
It snowed all Friday night... so much to Mark's delight, it was a powder day on Saturday.
The kids at BYU came up to ski with us and make some "first tracks"
 and then we headed to the airport that night to fly home so we could speak at church on Sunday.
  It was a perfect weekend for Mark, teaching other orthodontists how to use Invisalign, 
skiing powder and spending time with his kids!  Three things that he loves to do!
It's kind of getting a little embarrassing but we have been flying back and forth
 so much this winter that the lady behind the Delta counter recognizes us now
 and when I went to get out my ID, she said, "Oh don't bother... I know who you are!"
Here's Dad lecturing for Invisalign on Friday morning at the Marriott.
Dinner at J&G grill was yummy and it was fun to roam around the St. Regis hotel. 
The gorgeous fireplace in the main lobby is spectacular!
 Anyone want to do S'mores?
Everything you need to make a yummy treat!
If I hadn't already eaten so much at dinner, I would have joined these kids!
Loved the painted dog that was located in one of the main halls at the hotel. 
Saturday was a powder day so we got out there bright and early to make some "first tracks." 
It was was the longest line that I've ever seen for the orange bubble chair.
Thanks goodness for the owner's line, so we got right up to the top within minutes...
 and skied my favorite run, The Pines with these cute kids!
 These girls are loving the fresh snow on The Pines and loving that Justin!
 Allie took a little spin, then tumbled and landed in an awkward spot so I had to take a photo:)!
 I accidentally skied right over a little pine tree and took the whole thing down.
Oops! 
We skied out The Pines, but 9990 still wasn't opened yet,
so we stopped at Bruges Waffles at the base of Saddleback 
and enjoyed the caramelized waffles!  Yum!
You can get it with strawberries...
 or my personal favorite, Crunchy speculoos spread!
I'm told that it tastes like Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter.
Pretty sure I'm heading over to Trader Joe's asap!
This stuff is SO good that it could be dangerous... for my figure, that is:)!
It might just have to replace my Goldfish addiction!
Dad thinks these waffles are the next best thing to skiing 9990 on a powder day!
I never get tired of this view!
Another great weekend at Canyons!
Goodbye Park City!  Be back soon... like next weekend... seriously! 

1 comment:

Al and Ash said...

I LOVE Bruges waffles! I went to the one in SLC in Oct, and it was life changing!! That's awesome they have one at the resort. Lucky!