Monday, July 14, 2014

NYC and the US Open

*Trying to catch up with all my blog posts.  This was written back in September last year.  At some point, I hope to catch up... maybe!

I've never been so happy to board a plane but once I was cleared to leave the hospital, 
we picked up Mark, who was flying in from Sacramento, from the airport, 
enjoyed lunch at Cheesecake with the little girls 
before we headed back to the airport to catch our plane to NYC!
I was so looking forward to spending time in the city with Kimber, Brett and baby Cheri 
and super excited to go to the US Open but really excited to go to Philly
 and spend time with Allie and Justin and explore the city that they call "home" with Mark.
I was still feeling the after effects of the bone marrow donation
 but I tried not to slow me down too much and for the most part I didn't
 until our last day in Philly, where I spent most of the day in bed. 
 I can't complain though considering what I had gone through the week before.
  I was just really grateful that I was there and felt as good as I did
 because I was SO looking forward to this trip.  
It was what kept me going through all of the craziness the week before.
We met up with Kimber the first day for lunch at Nougatine at Jean-Georges restaurant near Columbus Circle.
Kimber came straight over from doing a shoot at FoxNews so she was all dressed up.
That night Allie and Justin came up from Philly to join us at the US Open.
The venue is gorgeous and it was fun to just walk around and take it all in.
We watched Serena Williams that night.
Dad is pretty excited to be there too!
Our cutest little BYU cheereleader all decked out in the outfit that Aunt Lisa gave her, 
ready to cheer on her Cougars, who were playing that day.
Seriously, isn't she the cutest!
Sorry for posting so many of her but can you blame me!?
The girls surprised me with a "Be a Match" party,
celebrating being done with the bone marrow donation.
And of course, I got teary-eyed when I walked into the restaurant and saw all the balloons and decorations,
and then I saw Kib and Lisa Jensen and Cindy Pearce and her kids and I lost it!
I'm not really sure why but I think because I know how much Kimber and Allie
 wanted to help and support me through out all of it and this was their way to do it.
I felt so many emotions right at that moment.  Relief that it was over. 
Gratitude that I was physically there and healthy enough to enjoy the evening.
  And love for my sweet family and for their incredible support.  
Mark and all of my kids have been so incredible throughout the whole process.
 I felt so incredibly loved and it was just one of those moments that you don't want to forget!
 Lisa and Kib
 Cindy, Josh and Hayley
 Allie made these darling cookies!
 The girls were so darling and put so much work into making it a special celebration.
 They really are so sweet to me!
Every single detail, right down to the cute crown that they made me wear!
After dinner, we headed over to see Matilda, the musical, which was spectacular!
The kids in the show were absolutely amazing! Watching them sing and dance just blew me away!
Loved the story!  Loved how they had you laughing one minute and then crying at the end!
It's one of those feel good shows that touches your heart and makes you smile!
Matilda is right up there with Wicked in my book!
And it was so fun to share the evening with the Abbott and Pearce families.
They are great cousins and we always have such a good time with them!
We made our way down to Philly to spend time with Allie and Justin.
The first night we ate dinner at The Parc, most incredible French restaurant that I've ever been too.
Everything that we ordered was absolutely incredible!
 The appetizers were so yummy!
 Such a fun time with these two!
These two sure do LOVE the city of Philly!
Unfortunately, I got sick late that night and felt pretty awful the next day.
Mark went and saw the sights with Allie and Justin the next day and then flew back home.
I felt well enough that night to spend some time with the kids
and then took the train back to NYC for a couple of days before I flew home.
Back in NYC, this was my view of the WTC on our walk one morning.  
Pretty gorgeous, huh?!
We walked over to High Line park one day and took our lunch
 and just sat out there and enjoyed the beautiful weather!
And we had fun with that cute baby Cheri, watching her explore the High Line.
She got a kick out of seeing herself in the glass wall that separated
her from the cars driving on the street down below.
That girl loves her mama a lot!
And her mama sure loves her!
Although Cheri doesn't look that excited, we all had such a good time together and it was the perfect way to spend my last day in the city!

No comments :