Friday, October 1, 2010

Nurse Allie at PRMC

On Thursday, I made a quick trip to Utah to see Ashley's play. (More on that later.)
Since Allie and I got to spend the day together, we drove over to Primary Children's Medical Center,
where Allie works and of course, we took a few pictures.
I was so glad that I got to see the hospital
because in my mind I envisioned Allie working at the old Primary Children's Hospital,
located in The Avenues, which the church used to own.
I have always had a special place in my heart for the hospital.
As a child, I remember collecting pennies for the Primary Children's hospital
along with many others in the church during the "Pennies by the Inch" fundraising efforts.
I loved hearing the stories about sick children who had been treated at that hospital.
I even remember our ward having a "Penny Parade," where I dressed up as a injured child.
Walking with crutches, I pulled Ruth Bushman, my childhood friend, in a wagon around the block.
She was dressed as a child who was ill
and she carried our jar full of pennies that we had collected for the hospital in the red wagon.
The church no longer owns the hospital, (it's now owned by Intermountain Health Care),
but they still have the philosophy, "Children First and Always."
It's a beautiful facility and I'm so glad that Allie has the wonderful opportunity to work there.
I couldn't decide which picture I liked best so I posted both.
That Allie is so dang cute,
plus this way you get a view of the hospital from a couple of different directions.
Allie, we are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Sonya and Tyler said...

I remember Allie and I both had our peds clinical up there together! So fun! I also remember she got pulled over once on the way there...busted! I wasn't with her, but the magic between us must have started that semester :) Ahhh nursing, it brought us together.