Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brooke's Running Tour of DC!

Tuesday morning I woke up early at 7:30 so that I'd have enough time to run for an hour before we went to our tour of the Capitol. I ran down by the Potomac River, did a loop around Roosevelt Island National Memorial, then continued on crossing Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. From there I ran down the National Mall and captured pictures of me on my phone with each of the monuments. 

Here is where I started. It kinda felt like a scene from a movie running up the desolate stairs on the cloudy, chilly morning.

At Washington Memorial the flags surrounding were half-mast because of the Tucson shooting.
By this point I was supposed the turn around 5 minutes ago, but honestly I was so excited and having fun that I didn't want my run to be over. On the other hand I didn't want to miss the capitol tour, so I stopped here and got the picture from farther away than I would've liked. I booked it back to the hotel, finishing up my 8.5 mile run, now knowing exactly where to go, just like a local. I got back with 15 minutes to spare before we had to leave, but don't worry I'm pro at getting ready fast.

~Brooke

2 comments:

hayley said...

i love this, this is great! thanks brooke!

Kimber said...

You are so cute girl! I love this!! So glad you took the pics along the way! You are so amazing!!