Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day Ski Weekend


We had another fun weekend skiing in Park City with family and friends!
Brooke was so happy to have Kimber here in town!
On Thursday night, Brett flew in and was up on the slopes early Friday morning!
Mark, Brett's brother, flew in from California to join the party in Park City!
And Julie and Kevin Hansen came too!  What a fun group of family and friends!
On Friday, we caught up with Aunt Ruth and Uncle Doug on Sun Peak for a couple of runs!
Always at the front of the pack, Brooke skis so fast, 
that she has to sit down and wait for the rest of us!
Kimber-"Hey Ash, you don't mind if I borrow your ski coat, do you?!" 
Watch out, Ashley!  Kimber fell in love with your coat!
But don't worry... I'll make sure she doesn't pack it in her suitcase,
and take it back to NYC with her!
Taking a break at the bottom of Saddleback,
while we wait to meet up with everyone!
A mom and her bear cub, enjoying the view on the balcony at Lookout restaurant.
OK, doesn't this look like a scene out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?!
The Hansens look way too good to have skied all morning!
We all had such a fun time with these two!
One night, Julie, Kevin, Brett and Kimber stayed up so late.
I could hear them talking and laughing until the wee hours of the morning.
At one point, I almost got up and went downstairs, 
thinking that I needed to "discipline those kids and tell them to go to bed"
 but then I remembered that they were adults... and that might get awkward:)!
 I love that all of my kids love Julie and Kevin just as much as I do!
Allie and Justin on the balcony at Lookout!
Can't get enough of the sunshine and gorgeous view!
What a cute couple!  They loved the views from the Lookout balcony...
and the cheese fondue at Lookout restaurant!
Love this photo of Julie and Kimber... just wish it was in focus!!
Best friends enjoying the cheese fondue in the yurt!
Turkey with huckleberry sauce sandwich and Potato leek soup!  Yum!
The whole gang posing outside the balcony after a delicious lunch at Lookout! So much fun!
The girls!
The Hansens and the Larkins!
The cute couples picture with the Larkins, Hansens and Crandalls!
The Granite Bay couples photo with the Holts and the Hansens!
The cute Crandalls!
Julie and Allie heading home at the end of day!
 Bright and early, Monday morning, we headed up the hill to catch some "first tracks" 
on our favorite run, The Pines!  It was awesome!
 Marissa, Justin's little sister came up Sunday night 
and Justin gave her some ski lessons on Monday!
Riding the chairlift together!
 Sweet sisters picture with Allie and Kimber!
Marissa and Allie looking good in their matching zebra accessories!
  Last run of the day with these cute kids!
 Dad is so happy that they could come enjoy this weekend with us!
 And so am I!
After a yummy lunch at Cafe Rio and an airport run to drop off Kimber and Brett,
we realized that it was only 2:15 pm! 
It was sunny and beautiful outside and the slopes were calling our name!
Dad turned to me and suggested that we head back up the mountain and take a few more runs. 
He even offered to stop at the lodge and get me my free hot chocolate.  
Of course, I couldn't turn down an offer like that!
So I buckled up my boots and strapped on my helmet, and headed out the front door!
I made Brooke, who was doing homework in the front room, come out and take of picture 
to document my eagerness and willingness to ski with my sweetheart until his heart is content!
Me and my favorite ski buddy on the bubble chair and the last runs of the day.
Thanks, Dad, it was another wonderful weekend!
And thanks to everyone that joined us on and off the mountain 
and made this President Day weekend so much fun!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay oh my wow, make me jealous. I miss Julie!!! And everyone else. Everyone came skiing this weekend! That's nuts! You all better have missed me so much... Love you, Mama!

Sonya and Tyler said...

Ahhhh, that looks divine. Can't wait!