Saturday, July 14, 2012

There is No Place like Home


There is something so comforting and reassuring about going home 
and spending time with my dear parents in Arizona,
even if it is just for a few days!
 One of the things that I enjoy most is visiting with my dad.
He catches me up on all the extended family members,
 and he loves to discuss current affairs and talk politics.
And of course, he always tells me how special my kids are and 
how very proud he is of them and makes me feel really wonderful!
And although my mother has a harder time recognizing me these days, 
and joining in on the conversation is more of a challenge for her,
she is always so sweet and cheerful and appreciative that 
somehow she is still able to communicate her love for me
in that way that only a mother can do.
Just being around her makes me feel peaceful and calm.
I was able to squeeze in lunch with my dear friend, Kalene one day
and it was fun to celebrate our July birthdays together.
Kalene and I have been friends since Jr. High...
we haven't changed one bit... ha! ha!
Well, at least, our friendship hasn't changed
and it was wonderful to just sit and visit just like "the good old days."
It was a quick but wonderful trip and I am once again reminded 
that those Arizona days really were good
 because of the wonderful parents, family and friends that I have.

No comments: