Saturday, December 17, 2011

A visit with Grandma and Grandpa Olson


Mark and I got to spend a few days visiting with this cute couple last week!
 Aren't they adorable?! This precious photo was taken on one of our early morning walk at the mall. 
Grandma loved the gingerbread sandcastle! It was pretty cool! 
Mark and I had a wonderful visit with my dear parents! 
They are as cute as can be, always cheerful, positive and so appreciative of every little thing.
 When we picked up Mark from the airport, the first thing my dad did
 was thanked us for a little gift that we gave them years ago. 
It was such a little thing and so long ago that I don't even remember it. 
But to my dad it was absolutely the greatest gift thing ever. 
 Every time we are with Grandma and Grandpa Olson,
 they will remember something that we gave them
 or something that we did for them and then thank us over and over,
until it's down right embarrassing. 
They are always so incredibly grateful for any little thing that you do for them. 
And they always make you feel like you are absolutely fabulous 
and everything you do is incredibly amazing!
No wonder Grandma and Grandpa's house is always busy with family and friends visiting them. 
You just got to love these two!
Speaking of love... they absolutely love and adore each other!
The way my dad gently holds my mother's hand, constantly stroking it,
while he tells us how wonderful she is and how lucky he is that she married him.
Their positive attitude and joyful hearts make growing old graciously look so easy!
I'm so glad that Mark and I were able to spend a few days visiting Grandma and Grandpa Olson!
I feel so much smarter, cuter, sweeter, and more clever than ever!
Thanks for the wonderful visit and for being so absolutely adorable!

No comments: